Lawyers for the Energy Industry
Lexing provides a wide range of high-quality legal services to national and international clients. The firm’s strength lies in its ability to provide appropriate advice in a variety of legal areas in the different branches of energy law.
The firm advises the various market players:
- regulators (national or regional);
- energy producers (electricity, gas, oil);
- distributors (private and public);
- various types of intermediaries (traders, etc.); and
- energy consumers.
Lexing offers effective legal solutions in energy law
Lexing offers flexible legal solutions tailored to your needs and resources.
We offer a full range of services, including:
- international contract law: energy purchase and sale (producer-consumer, traders, Internet sales, etc.); electricity, gas and oil transmission; power plant construction; nuclear trading;
- corporate law: establishment of subsidiaries and branches, approvals;
- public law: relations with public authorities and regulatory bodies
- European law: competition law; state aid;
- assistance in legal proceedings as well as in alternative dispute resolution (arbitration, sector-specific arbitration chambers, etc.); and
- relations with supervisory authorities;
- processing of personal data.
We have one objective: to provide you with effective and pragmatic solutions.
We assist you before all authorities in the energy sector
The firm represents its clients before all competent public authorities:
- the European Commission, in its most appropriate office, either the Directorate General (“DG”) for Competition or the DG Energy;
- the Belgian federal sectoral authority, i.e. the Commission de Régulation de l’Electricité et du Gaz (“CREG”);
- the various regional sectoral authorities, i.e. the Walloon Regulator (“CWAPE”) and the Vlaamse Regulator van de Energiemarkt (“VREG”).
We represent you in front of the network operators:
- ConférenceNorman NEYRINCK
; « La position dominante collective (collusion tacite) et le marché de l'électricité en Europe», Les séminaires d'économie du vendredi, Faculté d'économie, ULg, 16 décembre 2011.
- publication 29/06/2022Alexandre CRUQUENAIRE
, "La cybersécurité dans les contrats informatiques: une application fertile de la notion d’obligation essentielle", in Liber Amicorum Xavier Thunis, Bruxelles, Larcier, 2022